Nitro media player is an excellent application; being a free application, it has such nice features and UI, too. This player is very light weighted, but you can play almost all types of audio and video formats. In addition, you can run Nitro media player on the followings
- Linux (Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu, open SUSE Mandriva Linux, Fedora, etc.)
- Mac OS X
- Android/PocketPC/WinCE handhelds and many more operating systems.
Nitro media player can excel as the streaming server and the transcoder of the audio and video files. In this blog, we are going to describe how you can play the Podcast (Video and Audio) by using the Nitro media player.
- The very first thing that you can do is to play the Podcast using Nitro media player.
- Next, you have to open the playlist manager. This is how you can do this – go to option- View>Playlist The entire playlist will be displayed there, which will be either docked or can be a separate window, depends upon your preferences under the view menu.
If you want it to be displayed as Docked, you can checkmark the option “Docked Playlist.” You can also uncheck the option to view it as an independent window. Most users prefer the Docked view.
- You need to unfold the internet list, which is available under the “Media Browser”, then hover your mouse pointer over the option of “Podcast” you will see a Plus (+) sign there.
- Once you click on the plus icon, you will see a subscribe dialogue over there.
- Now, here you can paste the copied address of Podcast or type it manually, which you wish to subscribe to.
- Once you are done with it, click on “OK,” and you will see the Podcast is appearing over the list.
- You can now select the preferred Podcast from the list and click on the Play button if you want to reproduce it.
- There, you will see plenty of other pre-loaded Podcasts under the playlist. Also, the arrangement of the Podcast is categorized.
- You can click on any one of them over the right panel then you will see that each category is having so many Podcasts, which you can watch using Nitro Media player.
Nitro Media Player is an excellent media player you can use for free. However, being a free application, it is a solid program that you can use and do lots of customization using it.